Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ideas...

I thought it'd be fun to show you a few of the projects I've been working on over the last few months in hopes of expanding my HandmadeJEMs inventory. There are many more ideas I'm itching to pursue, but here are three I've been considering so far...

I received "Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts" as a birthday present this year {I can't get enough of it, and am determined to try every project - possibly turning it into my own version of "Julie & Julia"??}. So, all the credit for this first item goes to Martha and her staff.  Anyway, as I was perusing the various projects, I came across "Menswear Mice" and fell in love instantly.  I didn't have the suit material she called for, but I did have fabric remnants from my pillows.  Now, I just have to think about how I'm going to significantly alter this design so I can put my own name on it and sell it!  Should be fun...




Another product I'm hoping to include: monogrammed bibs.  I made this particular bib for a little boy whose first and last names both began with the letter "M".  I love the diversity of it: a bright, playful dinosaur print paired with a classy, light blue pinstripe...you know, for all those nights out with mom and dad at upscale restaurants. ;)



I'm also considering selling headbands someday.  There are other styles I want to work on as well, but here are the ones I've made so far:



I'm excited about the opportunities these products could bring, but until then...I'll continue in the hope that, Lord-willing, the future of HandmadeJEMs is bright!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the bibs - they would've come in handy about ten years ago! So cute...the headbands Rach would LOVE!

    Becky B.
    www.organizingamdefun.com
    Organizing Made Fun

    ReplyDelete