Monday, April 11, 2011

The Kindness of the Lord!

Can I just begin by telling you that I serve an incredible God??  I fail to live up to the standard of holiness that God calls me to in His word EVERY day, yet I have a God who loves me in spite of that!  As if His loving me wasn't enough, He goes above and beyond just to show me that He loves me and that He cares about what I'm doing!

Well, the last few days have been filled with an overwhelming sense of blessing!  I WON the contest I entered my pillow in!  You can see the feature on me at: www.thehandmadegiftguide.com (or just click on their button to the right...)  I had SO many friends who took the time to go vote for me...126 votes, which allowed me to win by 14 votes!!  You have NO idea how truly thankful I am...none of those votes were mine, but rather the result of friends showering love and support on me.  See how kind the Lord is??

Today was another example of God's provision and kindness toward me with this HandmadeJEMs endeavor.  My friend, Julie, owner of ruby love designs: www.etsy.com/shop/rubylovedesigns along with a few other people encouraged me to go get my business and wholesale licenses, so...today I made the trek!  I was just blown away by the amount of people who were willing to help me and point me in the right direction while I was down there: the registrar recorder staff offering to show me what forms I needed, the authorized solicitors outside teaching me how to get my DBA published as well as giving me directions to an address I needed, and the staff at the Board of Equalization being friendly and helpful.  I was without a cell phone (I'd foolishly forgotten mine in Pasadena this weekend), but I wasn't without the Lord!!  He took care of me and guided me through the whole process...He was even evident in my drive home around 4:30/45 on the 405 with virtually NO traffic!!

May I always remember today (well...the last few months really) as an ebenezer; a testament of God's faithfulness and kindness to me!  If ever I'm facing trials and struggling to remember the goodness and sovereignty of the Lord may I REMEMBER THESE DAYS! Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you! When I went to check on how the voting was going, I noticed that (huh, hum, hum) purse under yours, had 3 votes... was wondering if someone else accidently voted for them too??? I'm SO GLAD YOU WON! I hope your business has success! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete