Thursday, June 2, 2011

Fabric Finds! :)

Well, I've recently begun searching for fabric while at thrift stores.  Generally, I would have been opposed to it, but then I began to realize that sturdy fabric that looked like new could be washed a couple times and be fine!  So, here are a few of the things I found! (Please pardon the ridiculous amount of wrinkles shown in the following images.  I was being lazy and just wanted to get the pictures taken without taking the time to iron first...sorry!)


I plan to dismantle this corduroy blazer sometime in the future!  I think it ended up being around $7 (??) at the Salvation Army...but considering the amount of useful fabric on this piece...that's a great price (to me at least).  Much cheaper than I'd be able to find a yard of corduroy for at a fabric store.  Besides, half the fun is ripping something apart, right?? :)

     



This was a pajama set I found and fell in love with immediately!  When I saw the pattern I knew I had to have them to make a pillow of some kind...SO EXCITED about this piece!  The smaller picture beneath is a closer view so you can see the pattern...and it's wrinkle free! (Salvation Army for a couple bucks!)





Here are some of the flat sheets and fitted sheets I was able to find.  For just a couple bucks apiece, you have YARDS and YARDS of fabric...you get much more fabric for your money than you would at a fabric store...it's fantastic!!  They were found at Salvation Army and Good Will...then washed twice in a row (seriously).

  



Well, this wasn't that exciting of a post, but hey...being amazing takes hard work and time, give me a break! :)  I hope to have some images from my recent engagement session and practice session before too long, but no promises!!  I'm leaving to work at Hume Lake Christian Camp for the summer today (June 2nd, 2011),  so I might not be able to post as much as I'd like to.  I'm taking my sewing machine and fabric with me to keep HandmadeJEMs alive and I'll have internet, so...you should still hear from me periodically about my new projects while at camp and my many, many adventures! :)  Stay tuned!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment